You want a better board
You need a better board
You've heard the quip, 'a fish rots from the head' and you have a lurking sense of a bad smell. Getting the right people on to the board is hard; having them work together on your common purpose seems an impossible dream.
They are all talented and committed individually, yet somehow they don't click when they meet. Few board members have been trained and developed for their roles. You get bogged down in the detail of the operations, which prevents you from achieving the board's higher calling. And it's slowly strangling the company. So much potential, but so little impact.
But boards can be better; they can be more effective. And having a skilled outside perspective, looking in and working with you can change the dynamic.
With extensive cross-sector, national and international experience, Graham at The Leader can work alongside you to re-focus your energy, talents and direction. It will take work and commitment, mixed with the humility to learn to think and act differently when the board come together. You will be changing not just how you feel as individuals, but how you feel when you work as a board.
We'll navigate steadily through the board development journey, going into the areas where we are often most reluctant to go, to do the hard work of changing as individuals and a board team.
If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing properly. Simple but true. Make the move from a struggling board to a thriving one; where you look forward to getting together to make things better and make things happen.
Need an interim chief executive?
If you need an experienced and qualified temporary chief executive to provide a period of stability and strong leadership through a period of change or transformation, Graham can offer you an ideal solution.
This could be to cover the absence or sudden departure of a senior leader, or to provide expertise or a specialised skill set not available internally, or simply to give the business a bit of ‘thinking and breathing space’ while future options are explored.
A typical interim placement would last between three and nine months, providing a number of benefits such as speed of appointment, in-depth experience and expertise to meet critical challenges as well as a rapid injection of knowledge, independent counsel and objectivity.
Boards or owners would therefore have the assurance of ensuring that their organisation is in safe hands during periods of transition and uncertainty.
We work with business leaders across west and central Scotland.
We come to you!
Please leave your details below to arrange a preliminary meeting with Graham.
If you would prefer to speak to us, please phone 0141 266 0190.
About The Leader
The Leader Scotland Ltd
Company No SC589889
Argyll Rd Kilcreggan
0141 266 0190
The Leader © 2021
This website is built with Strikingly.
Create your FREE website today!
The term ‘The Leader’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is An Claggan, Argyll Rd, Kilcreggan G840HU. Our company registration number is SC589889. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Unsplash stock photographs used on the website are copy-right free provided under the Unsplash Licence.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The Leader Scotland Ltd
The Leader is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Leader may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Leader, An Claggan, Argyll Rd, Kilcreggan G840HU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.